In this episode, Patrick reviews some recent headlines in our Trending Topics segment, shares some takeaways from the American Society of Hematology’s 2016 Annual Meeting during our Like, Share, Comment segment, and during a special Sit-Down segment, we hear from with Executive Directors of patient organizations and chapters from around the country on what 2016 was, and what 2017 could be. The good, bad and otherwise. All this and more on Episode 7 of BloodStream.
Sponsors for Episode 7:
- Hemophilia News Today publishes articles on “Pain and pain management in hemophilia.” Link.
- DailyMail.com reports on, “How a blood test could save you [UK Women] from infertility.” Link
- Blood Journal publishes, “Patient Reported Outcomes to Assess Quality of Hemophilia Care in North India.” Link
- MASAC publishes four new recommendations. Link
Like Share Comment:
- My Life, Our Future (MLOF) reaches 5,000 patients enrolled. Link
- American Society of Hematology (ASH) Headlines of Interest:
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals presents interim results from study of investigational, subcutaneously-administered fitusiran (for patients with hemophilia A or B who also have inhibitors). Link
- CSL Behring presents Phase III trial results from IDELVION (long-acting recombinant product for hemophilia B). Link
- Novo Nordisk presents data from SMART-7 study of NovoSeven. Link
- Sanagmo BioSciences presents data from SB-525, a gene therapy treatment currently being studied in mice and non-human primates. Link
- Spark Therapeutics presents preliminary results from investigational, gene therapy agent SPK-9001 intended for the treatment of people with hemophilia B. Link
- University of Pennsylvania scientists successfully cure mice with hemophilia B using CRISPR. Link
- Octapharma announces two clinical trials studying how Wilate may be used to treat people with hemophilia A. Link
- World AIDS Day at the National AIDS Memorial Grove Honors the Hemophilia Community.
- Video of Powering Through panel featuring NHF CEO Val Bias, HFA CEO Kimberly Haugstad, COTT President Carl Weixler, and The Grove’s ED John Cunningham. Link
- NHF CEO Val Bias letter regarding HIV/AIDS Memorial. Link
BloodStream on Social:
BloodStream Facebook Page
BloodStream Twitter Account
BloodStream Host Patrick James Lynch on Twitter and Instagram.
Subscribe to BloodStream:
Google Play: http://bit.ly/bloodstreamPlay